What you will be doing:
Working with a partner organisation at the Moria Refugee Camp for 2 weeks and then 4 days seeing the Biblical sites and soaking up the Mediterranean flavour of Athens
At the camp some of the things we will do are:
- Welcome refugee women and children, serve them tea, provide them with hospitality;
- Provide child care for our younger guests while their moms take shower and do their laundry;
- Operate the shower system and run the laundry facilities;
- Sort out and help distribute non-food items (diapers, wipes, feminine hygiene products, etc.);
- Provide and support any special activities in accordance to your gifts, such as craft sessions for women, beauty services (manicure/pedicure/hairstyling) music lessons, clowning, children’s educational and recreational programmes, etc.
- Helping with distribution of food, helping to set up tents, etc.
You need to have a vibrant faith and a willingness to serve. If you have skills like nursing/teaching/physiotherapy/community health/mental health/children’s work/Youth work/etc. then that is great but if you don’t have those skills, don’t worry. We want people that are willing to work hard and be the hands and feet of Jesus to bring joy and hope to those without hope.